SSILC Moose Jaw is now offering a 12-week employment program called Targeted Initiative for Older Workers.
To qualify you must…
- Be between the age of 55-64
- Reside in (or near) Moose Jaw
TIOW provides a peer supported learning environment that is designed to assist individuals re-enter the workforce through updating and gaining new skills for today’s working world.
This is a full-time program consisting of…
- 8 weeks of classroom skills development at 30 hours per week
- 4 week work placement up to 40 hours per week
We discuss a number of different topics including, but not limited to…
- Cover letter and resume writing
- Interview prep
- Elevator pitches
- Essential skills: reading, writing, numeracy, document use, computer use, working with others, continuous learning, communication, problem solving
- Identifying transferable skills
- Self-esteem development
- Time management and goal setting
- Customer service
- Work/life balance
- Stress, anxiety, depression and anger management
- Team work and conflict resolution
- Maintaining a job
This is a paid program funded by the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training. It is paid at the rate of $11.06/hr on a bi-weekly basis through direct deposit with no deductions taken off.
This program is offered 4 times in 2019…
- Jan 14 – April 5
- April 8 – June 28
- July 8 – Sept 27
- Sept 30 – Dec 20
Each session has 15 spots available.
Phone or stop in the office to reserve your seat!
610 Main St N
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday
830 am – 12 pm
1 pm – 5 pm