Present: Shari Hildred, Joanne Grant, John Dishop, Jim (no last name on zoom), Kim Ives, Meghan Hildred, Paige Howard, Ken Taylor, Terri Sleeva & Attendant, Rikki Bote, Kaylee Mitchell, Yeorgo Traiforos, Paige Moreside, Calvin Williams, Rob Deglau, Colleen Courtney, Ginny Nelson, Holly Donohoe, Kristen Hudy, Masudul Khan, Jennifer Thomas, Lori Sutherland, Leslie Beaulieu, Jeannette McConnell, Vern Wolitski, Brenda Ell, Genevieve Robinson, Paige Moreside, Nancy Myslick.
Shari Hildred, Executive Director served as Chair with meeting called to order at 5:31 PM
Welcome to 2020 AGM by Chair, Shari Hildred. Shari recognized the Treaty 4 Land and home of the Metis on which we are gathered. Shari shared an Independent Living Moment as follows: “Inclusion is not a program. It is a mindset. It is the way we treat others and the way they trust us. Inclusion is the opportunity to learn together and from one another. We do it because it is the right thing to do.”
- Reminder – for the purpose of AGM attendance, all those registered for this call are noted as Members, each with an entitlement to make motions, second motions and vote on all agenda items. As we are doing the AGM remotely, when a vote is called I would ask for a show of hands and to keep your hands in the air (for each of in favour of, opposed or abstaining.
- Welcome and Introduction of Board Members – Yeorgo Traiforos (Chair), Ross McCreery (Vice-Chair and sent regrets), Kim Ives, Ken Taylor, Calvin Williams, Paige Moreside, Kaylee Mitchell, Rikki Bote.
Chair Traiforos welcomed everyone and thanks the staff and Board for all their work over the past year, particularly during difficult times including closing of the Moose Jaw office and the recent Covid19 situation. He noted the resilience of all staff and Board members and the great work accomplished including the final details to support SSILC’s relocation in 2020.
- Approval of the Agenda
MOTION: To accept agenda as presented, moved by Meghan Hildred, Seconded by Terri Sleeva. CARRIED
- Approval of the Minutes of June 26, 2019 AGM
MOTION: To approve minutes from 2019 as presented, moved by Rikki Bote, Seconded by Kaylee Mitchell. CARRIED
- Approval of the 2019 – 2020 Annual Report as distributed
• Shari thanked Jan Morier for another year of incredible work in putting together the report and all of the consumer success stories and testimonials.
MOTION: To approve 2019 – 2020 Annual Report as presented, moved by Colleen Courtney, Seconded by Ken Taylor. CARRIED
- Joanne Grant Presented Audited Financial Statements for 2019-20
• Shari noted the 2019 – 2020 audited financial statements are included in the Annual report.
• Shari thanked Joanne Grant, Finance Control Manager for all over her work over the last couple of years and particularly in the last year in completing year end with the newly appointed auditor.
• Joanne noted a clean audit and that the audit and that she was very impressed with the new auditor, Robert Szautner who did a deep dive into the financials and provided the statements in a timely manner.
MOTION: To approve the Financial Statements as presented, moved by Rikki Bote, seconded by Jennifer Thomas. CARRIED
- Auditor Appointment
MOTION: To engage Robert Szautner, RDS Chartered Professional Accountant as the Auditor of record for South Saskatchewan Independent Living Centre Inc. for the 2020-2021 Fiscal year, moved by Jennifer Thomas, seconded by Lori Sutherland. CARRIED
- 2020 – 2021 Presentation of Board of Directors Slate of Candidates
The Chair presented, on behalf of the Nominations Committee, their recommendations and presented the following 2020-2021 Board Slate of Candidates:
Yeorgo Traiforos, Chair
The Slate of Candidates each have accepted their appointments as presented.
MOTION: To accept the Slate of Candidates as presented, moved by Meghan Hildred, seconded by Paige Howard. CARRIED
- Other Business
Shari noted that Rob Deglau had joined the AGM but did have to leave the call early. He is interested in serving on the Board and will attend the September Board meeting for introduction and consideration.
- Adjournment 6:07pm
MOTION: To adjourn the meeting by Colleen Courtney.